'Desert King' Fig Tree (Ficus carica)
Please select all options.
Plant Description: One of the best varieties for the Northwest, Desert King Fig is very productive and reliable, producing abundant yellowish-green figs with sweet and richly flavorful, strawberry colored flesh. Because it ripens in mid summer, Desert King is a great variety for gardeners in coastal, high elevation, and other cool regions. Desert King also withstands fruit damaging late spring frosts better than any other variety we grow. Desert King is a San Pedro type fig so it will only produce a breba crop in climates where the fig wasp does not live to pollinate the main crop. Self-fertile and hardy to between 0° & 5° F.
- Height: 8-10 ft, smaller with pruning
- Watering Needs: moderate
- Sun Needs: requires at least 8 hrs of sunlight during growing season
Soil Needs: does well in a variety of soils
- Bloom Time: Flowers are not noticeable as they are inside the fig
- Ripening Time: late July – early August
- Bearing Age: 1-2 years after planting
** All physical products are for in-store pickup only. We don't have shipping or delivery. We will hold your order for 3 days. On the 4th day, a 25% restocking fee will be applied. This doesn't apply to non-physical products like classes.